Intro

Intro

Sunday 20 September 2020

Mini Projects - A Saxon Champion for Dux Britanniarum.

Having completed my Germanic warband for Infamy! Infamy!, I wanted to get back to working on a Saxon warband for my Dux Britanniarum project. Because Dux warbands are relatively small, it's a good opportunity to spend a little more time working on the modelling side of some of the characters who are going influence events in the strife of coming campaigns. The first character of my Saxon warband was to be the Champion, as I had had an image in my head of how I wanted him to look for some time.

This image appears in the Osprey book "Arthur and the Anglo Saxon Wars" and is the inspiration for my Saxon Champion. The components for my figure are a torso, left over from the Victrix Ancient Germans I bought for my Infamy! warband, along with a sword arm and cloak, a head from the SHS Saxon head pack and a Footsore Miniatures shield.

This what the figure looked like when first put together; a little more active than the Osprey inspiration, but looking suitably aggressive for someone who has such an important role to play within the warband.

The addition of some Green Stuff 'fur' around the edges of the cloak add a little bit of opulence and suggest that this character is a man not to be trifled with. 
Painted, based and varnished, Eadwulf is ready for action. The shield, or buckler, has an LBMS shield design applied. In Dux Britanniarum, the Saxons, being raiders, are equipped with the small buckler shield, which prevents them forming shieldwall as a defensive measure!






No comments:

Post a Comment