Intro

Intro

Wednesday 25 December 2019

HERO FORGE CUSTOM MINIATURES

Never in a hundred years would I have thought of doing something like this! In fact, I didn't even realise that you could get miniatures like these.

This is me, as depicted by my son and created on the Hero Forge Custom Miniatures web site! Everything on there has some symbolic meaning, from the apron that I wear when I'm pouring stuff out of bottles and tins, which I refer to as "cooking", to the frying pan, which was my favourite weapon carried by Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings.

On the Hero Forge web site, you can create your own unique miniatures by selecting from hundreds of different options and combining them together for the Hero Forge people to cast in your chosen material, which can be plastic, steel or bronze. The range of options is absolutely massive, with loads of alternatives for type of race, head, body, clothing and endless extras.

My Christmas present consisted of a complete family set for me to paint up. This is how my good lady wife sees herself; a guitar playing archer with feline companion!

This young man clearly enjoys a swig of rum and is armed with a very deadly looking star fish!

And finally, this is my other son, looking very dapper as a cross between Professor Quirrell, Dick Turpin and Ebenezer Scrooge, with a monocle just to add that little touch of class. The big stick probably represents his management style at work.

The quality of these figures is fabulous and I can't see any casting lines at all to clean up, so I intend to get straight on with applying the paint. The figures have to be imported from the United States and I gather they are not cheap to buy. Have a go at creating your own miniature at Hero Forge Custom Miniatures Even if you don't go ahead and purchase the miniature, it's brilliant fun just playing around with the figure creator... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment